Personal protective Equipment or as it is more commonly referred to ‘PPE’ is an integral part of your work equipment, and is quite often a legal and mandatory requirement. That’s why at Aceworkgear we recognize the importance of PPE and offer an extensive range of high quality European Standard safety equipment to meet the needs of many environments.
All the safety products that are listed within our PPE equipment meet current EU legislation. We are constantly monitoring our products and are kept well informed from the reliable brands we carry as to any changes in regulations, allowing you to work safely.
Protective Equipment Buying Guide
What PPE You Require When deciding what PPE you require; consider all the hazards associated with the work that’s to be carried out and then identify the PPE that will provide adequate protection against them.
We have listed some useful points when assessing the suitability of PPE.
• Does the PPE provide adequate protection to the wearer, taking into account the environmental conditions associated with the workplace. For example eye protection which has been designed for protection against the use of chemicals may not provide adequate protection against from using certain power tools.
• Ensure the PPE is a good fit or can be adjusted to fit the wearer.
• If someone is required to wear more than one item of PPE, are they compatible? For example if the wearer is required to wear both head and full face protection, can these both be worn simultaneously.
• Will the PPE increase the risks or add new risks. For example the choice of eye protection may impede vision.
When Selecting PPE make several considerations.
• Always choose good quality products that have been marked in accordance with Personal Protective Equipment Regulations – we can advise on this.
• As before, always consider the wearer, consider the size fit and weight, every wearers requirements may differ and some wearers may require an alternative to standard PPE.
• Involve users in selecting their PPE, they are more likely to use it.
Hazards; Chemical or metal splash, projecliles, dust, vapours and radiation.
Safety Precautions; Safety gasses, safety goggles, face screens and full face visors.
Hazards; Falling objects, risk of bumping head, hair being caught in machinery, adverse temperature or climates and chemical splash.
Safety Precautions; Hard hats or other approved safety helmets, hairnets, flame retardant hoods.
Hazards; Exposure to high level sounds or exposure to a combination of sound level over a duration.
Safety Precautions; Earplus and earmuffs.
Hands and Arms
Hazards; Abrasion, Impact, vibrations, cuts and punctures, radiation, extreme temperature, biological agents and prolonged immersion in water.
Safety precautions; Suitable approved gloves or gauntlets, sleeves to adequately protect arms.
Feet and Legs
Hazards; Hot or cold conditions, wet conditions, slips, heavy loads, falling objects, metal and chemical splash, cuts and punctures, vehicles.
Safety Precautions; Approved safety boots/shoes with protective toe caps and puncture resistant mid sole, wellington boots and any specific approved footwear, for example foundry boots.
Respiratory and Breathing
Hazards; Dusts, gases and vapours or any oxygen deficient atmospheres.
Safety Precautions; We advise you discuss this with a qualified safety advisor or consult the HSE.
Below is a link to HSE
Customers are looking at these items in PPE
Ex VAT: Inc VAT: £10.69
Ex VAT: Inc VAT: £2.02 Bulk buy from: £1.84
Ex VAT: Inc VAT: £21.60
Ex VAT: Inc VAT: £15.40 Bulk buy from: £14.02